Pages: [1]   Go Down
            Author                                        Posts          (Topic read 2158 times)
I know nothing, therefore I question

« on: March 02, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »
ReplyReply

I was wondering if there have been any discussions here on the reason why Plato gave "eye" witness dimensional descriptions in the Critias of both Athens and Atlantis. I have read expert commentators/translators, who hold that the story was made up by Plato, state that the specific dimensions and topography descriptions were given by Plato to give the tale verisimilitude. But I don't buy that, because of all the "intentional" and obvious contradictions Plato gave with those details and descriptions. If Plato wanted to lend verisimilitude, he would have used his very logical mind to give us the true appearance of verisimilitude, and not something so self-contradictory as with all those details, and descriptions.

Based on how the dimensions and descriptions are given by Plato, those exact dimensions, and precise descriptions of buildings, temples, streets, bridges, walls, fountains, "swimming pools," horses' watering trawls, grounds around the temple/palaces, harbors, military depots, canals, waterways, rivers, mountains, lakes, marshes, mountains' valleys and plateaus, census of military personnel numbers, cardinal directions as to orientation of land, sea and cities, and measures of wealth, power, and laws and customs of the two main protagonists of the war is something to wonder about. Only an actual eyewitness of 9,500 BC who had physically been there, and extensively traveled to and within both, prehistoric Athens and Atlantis, could give such details. But perhaps an Atlantean from a Cacey's or a Blavatsky's Atlantis, with their advanced technology, gave the Egyptians some google maps, digital photos, and Wikipedia information.

Everyone is going in circles around the world trying to locate those concentric circles of land and sea that Plato tells us were constructed by the God Poseidon himself. Plato tells us that the god designed the circles for the purpose of defending his bride and 5 sets of twins. The god deemed this setup of circles of land and sea to be adequate as defense, since "there was yet no sailing." Plato means, I think, that only by sailing in air, "flying," can one get to the center island. Because, even if there was sailing at that time, how could ships/boats overcome the land circles? I know that history tells us that ancient Egyptians have used boats/ships to sail on the Nile, and then have taken apart these vessels to carry them over small stretches of land, to put them back again for the next stretch of water. However, if we take Plato literally that Poseidon considered the center island safe because sailing had yet not been put into practice by man of those times, and considering the actual width of those water circles, could not an average swimmer easily cross them? If we take out the god out of the picture, then it is obvious that Plato intents to mean that the circles were not manmade and were a natural formation. But where in nature do we find such precise formations with those kind of dimensions and ratios of land and sea?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: