Pages: [1]   Go Down
            Author                                        Posts          (Topic read 6711 times)

« on: May 07, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »
ReplyReply

anyone have any theories on the age of the sphinx? Personally, i think it's a little older than Khufu/Khefre...though not necessarily 10,000 years old. I'm leaning towards the "status of anubis" angle myself.

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
ReplyReply

The erosion lines are claimed to be sand erosion, by the official account (Zahi Hawass), but why are those same sand erosion lines not present in other structures there?  At first appearance they seem to be water erosion lines, so Occam's Razor is, in this case, in favor of the alternative theory.

"By a route obscure and lonely, Haunted by ill angels only,
Where an Eidolon, named Night, On a black throne reigns upright,
I have reached these lands but newly From an ultimate dim Thule
From a wild weird clime, that lieth, sublime, Out of Space out of Time." --Edgar Allen Poe

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:29:57 AM »
ReplyReply

I would very much doubt that sand erosion would cause those patterns only on those rocks and no where else in the area. I have seen some interesting hypotheses suggesting that the sphinx enclosure was flooded regularly so that the "Sphinx Island" would have stuck up out of a sea. This would easily have been accomplished via the Nile. The "temple" that was found leading up to the Sphinx is oddly enough arranged that it could have formed a fourth wall, enclosing the Sphinx enclosure and potentially becoming capable of holding in water.

Regardless, I flat out reject Hawass' notion that it was built by Chefren as wholly inadequate at explaining obvious signs of age.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: