Pages: [1]   Go Down
            Author                                        Posts          (Topic read 7059 times)

« on: June 24, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Earth is now on a axis of 49.5 degrees,

http://www.wesawthat.blogspot.com/2008/04/earths-axis-tilt-has-recently-increased.html
Paradigm shift happens.
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the link DK. I'd never seen this before and while it is a very interesting article, I doubt that what they are claiming is possible. The very first comment on that page mirrored my own thoughts. Having some knowledge of star tracking software, even a very slight change in Earth's tilt would render the software completely useless. GPS tracking systems would have to be completely recalibrated as well.

-Doug
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:10:45 PM by Doug Fisher »

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:01:24 AM »
ReplyReply

That article also included the suggestion that "This change in tilt has resulted in moving the Tropic of Cancer from central Mexico to Maine and across the Dakotas (aprox) & has begun to wreak havoc upon the global weather patterns."

While the ready explanation to the increasingly bizarre weather we've been having globally is tantalizing, are we also seriously expected to believe that some international body of map-makers moved the Tropic of Cancer (what happened to the Tropic of Capricorn? It isn't mentioned) to Maine and no one was told about it? You don't just move these things casually. The sun would be noticeably lower/higher in the sky were the axis to shift by that much. The seasons themselves would change as the angle of the sun's light changed relative to the land. This is complete hokum.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »
ReplyReply

The sun's position gives the lie to claims like this.  Empirically observable.

"By a route obscure and lonely, Haunted by ill angels only,
Where an Eidolon, named Night, On a black throne reigns upright,
I have reached these lands but newly From an ultimate dim Thule
From a wild weird clime, that lieth, sublime, Out of Space out of Time." --Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: