Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
            Author                                        Posts          (Topic read 17664 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Prior to the find of 130K old tools on Crete (accessible only by sea), the Solutrean and Clovis theories of European migration to the Americas already had strong support, in spite of that travel having to have been by sea:  the Solutrean explains both a similarity of stone points in Europe and the Americas, and Haplogroup X2 on both sides of the ocean (hypothesized to have expanded out of the Eastern Mediterranean ~20KYBP).  Clovis is a second wave theorized to explain another bicoastal culture, albeit more recent than the Solutrean expansion and thus not believed to have carried Haplogroup X2 with it (although mainstream academic researchers don't posit which haplogroup, exactly, they did carry).

Now with this Cretan finding, intercontinental sea travel as a concept is on rock solid ground, no pun intended.  The only novelty my hypothesis will try to inject into what's already accepted, now, is that this sea travel happened in the south as well as the north--and in fact with the direction of sea currents and the nature of climate during the last ice age, such travel would seem more likely in the south than the north.  What my southern hypothesis lacks is a commonality of tool points on coastal Morocco and coastal South America, so far.  Natural disasters have probably done an effective job of flushing the vast majority of any possible archaeological finds from east coastal South America, out to sea.  But if remnants of "Doug Fisher's Atlantis" can be found in the Rio de la Plata estuary, and if those remnants resemble the architectural style of the settlements found in west coastal Morocco, we would have something quite compelling, if not full proof.

"By a route obscure and lonely, Haunted by ill angels only,
Where an Eidolon, named Night, On a black throne reigns upright,
I have reached these lands but newly From an ultimate dim Thule
From a wild weird clime, that lieth, sublime, Out of Space out of Time." --Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: